Looking for a family practice?
Nova Scotians who do not have access to a family practice, such as a family doctor or nurse practitioner, can call 811 Monday to Friday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. to add your name and contact information to a provincial wait list. You can also visit needafamilypractice.ca to register yourself online.
A multidisciplinary practice with access to multiple practitioners providing comprehensive primary care with linkages to the larger health care system.
Supports to navigate the health care system & available community supports. Part of strong primary care network.
What is collaborative care?
A team approach to organizing and working that effectively uses the separate and shared knowledge and skills of care providers and patients to deliver care that best meet the individual's needs.
- maximizes contributions of all team members
- improves access
- improves patient and provider experience
- promotes health promotion, self-care and education
The Team Includes
- Nurse practitioners,
- A family practice nurse,
- An administrative team that includes an office manager and medical administrative assistants
- Visiting specialists and other health care providers
- 9254 square feet
- 18 exam rooms
- 12 workstations
- 3 swing offices for visiting professions such as the geriatricians and pediatrician, mental health and addictions professionals and dietitians
- minor procedure room
- spacious waiting area
- multifunction room to support health education
- promotes safety, privacy and confidentiality
- teaching capacity
42 Glen Allan Drive, Suite 100,