What is School-Based Services?
School Based Services is a free school-based service that is offered to all grade 7-12 students throughout Lunenburg and Queens Counties. The program is funded by South Shore Health (SSH). All staff are employees of SSH. The staff includes Community Health Workers and Clinical Therapists. We are able to offer support to youth regarding substance use, mental health issues and sexual health concerns.
The program will offer:
- Non-judgmental, confidential, youth-focused services
- Prevention and early intervention
- Assessments and recommendations
- Education for youth and school staff
- Consultations and advocacy with other health professionals and school staff
- Pregnancy testing and condoms