There are a number of Home Care services provided to Nova Scotians of all ages who need help with care in their homes and communities. It is always the first option considered for care in the community.
Our skilled health care professionals/case managers working in hospital and community settings will help you and your families explore home/community options that will achieve and/or maintain maximum independence. Based on your assessed needs services will be arranged.
Menu of Services (See Q&A section and Additional Continuing Care Resources for more details)
- Provides caregivers with In Home family Relief/Respite Services
Personal Care & Home Support
- Provides help with daily living tasks such as bathing, dressing, eating, light housekeeping, laundry and meal preparation
- Provides services to individuals and families facing a life threatening illness
- Provides access to oxygen for use in, and outside of, the home.
Self Managed Care
- Provides funds to eligible individuals so that they may directly employ care providers for the purpose of meeting their service needs.
- Provides loans of hospital-type bed systems to individuals in their homes in the community.
You can call 1-800-225-7225 and our health care teams will answer your questions and help you explore options that are best suited to meet your needs. We are available 7 days a week 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Additional Information and Resources
|Home Care Service Providers||Common Questions & Answers about Home Care||Other South Shore Health Services related to Continuing Care|