A 2 hour group education session, offered monthly and intended for patients recently discharged from hospital, as well as their family.
Who should be referred?
- Any patient with a recent history of:
- Heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- Angina Pectoris
- Stroke (Brain Attack)
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- General overview of what Cardiovascula Disease is, and how it is treated
- Introduction to Cardiovascular Risk Factors
- Chronic disease management and self management
- The importance of exercise, cardiac rehab, and follow-up through the Cardiovascular Risk Factor Clinic