Clinical Nutrition Services are part of Chronic Disease Management Program at South Shore Health.
Professional Dietitians are available to provide free Individual & Group Counselling without a referral for:
- Heart Healthy Eating
- Cholesterol Lowering
- Healthy Eating for all Ages
- Vegetarian Eating
- Prenatal Nutrition
- Weight Management
Make an appointment by contacting the dietitian at your local hospital
- Bridgewater 543-4604 ext 2364
- Liverpool 354-3175
- Lunenburg 634-8807 ext 3151
SERVICES REQUIRING REFERRAL:
Free counselling is also available, with a Health Care Provider's referral, (Doctor, Nurse Practitioner, Physiotherapist, Pharmacist, etc) for a wide range of nutrition-related problems including:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Underweight or unintentional weight loss
- Cancer related nutritional problems
- Food allergies & sensitivities
- Eating disorders
- Digestive problems such as chronic diarrhea, constipation, diverticular disease, irritable bowel syndrome; reflux, Crohn's
- Nutrient deficiencies (iron, calcium, potassium, etc)
Clinical Nutrition provides services to all age groups for both inpatient services and outpatients. If you or a family member requires the help of a Dietitian please contact us or your health care provider.
For reliable nutrition information visit Dietitians of Canada.