The Addictions Day Treatment Program is a two-week program for individuals that require a more intensive and daily treatment option.
Individuals may benefit from this type of program if they recently left an inpatient treatment program (i.e. detox) or need more help making changes to their substance use and/or gambling after trying other community based treatment methods.
The program includes:
- A focus on increasing your understanding of addiction and recovery
- Developing skills to improve your ability to cope with difficult emotions
- Development of a personal recovery plan
- Self-care practice while in the program and the support to continue recovery efforts in the community
- Inclusion of family or loved ones in the treatment process
A variety of topics and skills are explored such as: relapse prevention, refusal skills, how the brain is impacted by addiction, self-care strategies and healthy leisure options, mindfulness and coping with anxiety.
Location, hours and contact information
1673 Bedford Row
Halifax, NS B3J 1T1
Monday to Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (with some exceptions)
How do I get an appointment?
A referral from your Addictions Program clinician is needed to attend this program.